Best money belts
There are countries in the world where pickpocketing tourist is a common practice, which is why you need to take all precautions for a surprise-free vacation. While you can choose to not walk around with too much cash on you when you travel, some ATMs abroad may have high commissions on withdrawal. Plus, when you are pickpocketed, do not expect the thief to return the credit cards back to you. The last thing you need is to be in a foreign country with no money. That is why I recommend that you invest in the best money belt for you.
A money belt is a piece of apparel that allows you to securely keep your money and other items on you while you travel. Some people use it for other activities as well, but the purpose for which the money belt was created is to help you keep your money safe from petty thieves when you travel. It is a useful item that can save you a lot of trouble, and the investment is not too significant. I am sure that you will find it useful.
Types of money belt
From what I have seen on the market, there are two kinds of money belts:
The actual belt – it is a money belt that can be used as a genuine belt to keep your pants up. There is no visible difference between the two. The only difference is that this type of money belt has a small zippered pocket on the inside where you can put your money. It is true that you cannot stash a lot of bills in there, but it is still better than having your money stolen. For example, when you go out one night, just put there a few large bills to cover your dinner expenses, and the rest you can leave in your hotel safe. I guess that pickpocketers are not so big on stealing belts.
The fanny pack type – while this type resembles a fanny pack, it is a lot smaller and can easily be concealed underneath your clothes. It allows you to carry more items such as document and devices, and you can be sure that all of that is safe from unwanted attention. This type of money belt is commonly used by runners as well because it is small and stays fixed in place.
The benefits of using a money belt
For starters, I do not think that I have to explain to you the importance of keeping your items safe. I guess you can figure that out on your own. However, a money belt can have many purposes, and you can enjoy more benefits than meets the eye. Here is what you can expect from a money belt.
- It is more discreet than any other form of fanny pack – while a fanny pack or any similar item can be seen, a money belt is so discreet that a stranger may not even know that you are wearing one. Depending on the model, you can use a money belt as an actual belt, and nobody can tell the difference.
- You have a vast variety of models to choose from – just because that your belt is meant to hide your cash, it does not mean that you cannot match it with your clothing. In fact, you will find a money belt that fits a lot of clothes starting with business apparel to casual outfits. That is a huge plus, especially for the ladies.
- It can keep your items safe – this is the obvious benefit, but it can actually do a pretty good job at it. When you travel, the last thing you need is some petty thief stealing your money. It can ruin your whole vacation. A money belt will give you some peace of mind knowing that that cannot happen.
- You can use it when you are running – as a runner myself, I know what it means to not have a place where to put all my small items. You can keep your phone in one of those armbands, but that is not always the best solution, especially if you have thin arms. That is why a money belt fits the situation just fine. You have space to put all your items like money, cards, car keys, and phone, and you do not have to worry that you will lose them or fall off.
What to consider when looking for the best money belt
A money belt should not impose any challenges in buying. There are multiple models on the market so that you have where to choose from. However, that does not mean you can go for a random model. Some filtering is necessary according to needs and preferences. In my opinion, here is what you need to consider before making a purchase.
- Purpose – whether you want to use the money belt for traveling or for when you go out for a run, you need to pay attention to which type you need. For example, if you travel, a money belt that can easily pass a regular belt is recommended. That way you can keep your money safe, and nobody will know that you carry cash. The chances of you being the victim of pickpocketing are slim to none. However, if you are looking for a runner’s money belt, the one that resembles a fanny pack is more suitable. You can hold more items in it, which is precisely what you need when you go for a run.
- Style – if you are wearing a suit, you cannot go for a money belt made of woven fabric, can you? It does not match, and if anything, it will make you look kitsch. That is why you need a leather money belt or one that is made of synthetic leather. Of course, for casual outfits, the money belt made of thread works just fine.
- Built-in RFID technology – the RFID technology, the one that protects the electronic data on your credit cards, has many applications, and the money belt is no different. There are models out there that have integrated technology, and if you usually carry credit cards, it would be wise to invest in such a feature. Thieves got smarter too, you know.
- Durable zippers – usually, when you buy an item with zippers, one of the first concerns is that the zippers will give out. With a money belt, that is even more so. Why? For example, the money belt that has the hidden compartment on the inside needs to withstand a lot of friction. If the zipper gives out because of that, the product is basically useless. It will lose its protection feature. Whether you get robbed or lose the money, the effect is the same for you.
What are the best money belts?
I have browsed through a lot of models, and there are enough high-quality models out there. However, my advice is to read the specification and buy something that is highly appreciated. You can read some money belts reviews online to find out which models are the best. As long as you put in some time (not much), I am sure that you will find the best money belt for you. Until then, take a look at the following products. Maybe one is suitable for you.
Raytix Travel Money Belt
The first money belt that caught my eye is the one manufactured by Raytix. It is the type that resembles a fanny pack, only that it is a lot more discreet. You can secure your personal items without feeling uncomfortable. In fact, you will barely feel it on you. That how comfortable it is. Plus, it is quite sturdy. The manufacturer guarantees that it will not tear. The YKK zippers are durable, and the fabric is water-resistant. The buckles are made of high-quality plastic, and you do not have to worry about reliability.
The Raytix money belt has a lightweight design, and it does not look bad either. Since you are going to wear it underneath your clothes, the looks do not matter much. It is very thin so that it goes unnoticed. Petty thieves cannot steal what they cannot see, right? Plus, it is very accommodating. You can put your money, travel documents, and credit cards in it.
One of the best features about this money belt is that it is equipped with RFID technology for more complete protection. You can be safe from physical thieves, as well as electronic scammers. The item blocks all transmission. While you can wear this on your travels, I think that you can wear it while running just as fine.
Jasgood Travel Security Money Belt
This time, I went with an actual belt that has a secret compartment on the inside. The Jasgood money belt is a stylish piece of apparel, and nobody can ever guess that you are stashing money in it. That is because the belt has an easy-to-use hidden pocket security pocket that is closed with a zipper. You can put some cash there, and some small travel documents such as a visa. I am afraid that a passport will not fit in there.
The Jasgood money belt is unisex. Both men and women can wear it, and it fits pants with sizes from 26 inches to 40 inches. The buckle is fully adjustable and removable. The belt itself is made of high-quality nylon webbing and thick YKK plastic buckle. You do not even have to take it off at the airport. Plus, since the buckle is removable, you can change it with one of yours.
For this buckle to protect your money, the manufacturer recommends that you use both of your hands to lock it. That way it cannot become undone and lose the belt altogether. Other than that, this is an excellent product that will keep your money safe and provide you with peace of mind whenever you travel.
LeatherBoss Men’s Black Leather Money Belt
Last but not least, I thought that you may need a money belt that fits a suit as well. After all, you cannot wear a nylon belt with your suit, can you? Enters the LeatherBoss money belt. It is a stylish money belt that can go with any suit. As long as you are wearing black shoes, of course. Nothing is stopping you from wearing it on a casual outfit either.
The LeatherBoss product is made of genuine leather, and it has a hidden interior zipper where you can stash a few bills. The chrome buckle is sturdy, and the width of the belt is 1/25 inches. Since this is a fine belt, you need to fold the bills or the checks, but I do not think that is an issue.
Just as the title suggests, this money belt is suitable only for men, and it comes only in black. However, do not forget to select the right size for you. This is not a universal money belt. Other than that, I think you will enjoy this money belt. It will give you peace of mind that your money is safe from petty thieves.
At the end of the day, you need to make the choice that best suits your needs. However, if I had to choose just one of the three models, I would go with the Jasgood Travel Security Money Belt. It has a sturdy construction, it will not tear anytime soon, and the money is safe. I think it is one of the best money belts you can find online.
There are many precautions you can take while you travel. You can go for a luggage lock or an RFID wallet. You can get a laptop lock or put your money in a safe. However, the money belt is by far the most convenient option. It is cheap, efficient, and nobody will be able to steal from you because no one will know you have cash on you. In my book, that is the best defense against pickpocketers. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Quintessential Manual to Money Belt for Women
- The Upside to Buy Money Belt
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Rfid Money Belt Exposed
- Kids, Work and Concealed Money Belt
- What under Clothes Money Belt Is – and What it Is Not
- Secret Facts About Hidden Travel Pouch Revealed by an Old Pro
- Rumors, Deception and Money Travel Belt
- Things You Should Know About Travel Money Holder
- Secret Money Belt: No Longer a Mystery
- The Number One Article on Wallet Belt
- The Advantages of Travel Pouch under Clothes
- What You Don’t Know About Best Money Belt for Travel Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- Why Absolutely Everyone Is Talking About Womens Money Belt
- Warning Signs on Security Money Belt You Need to Know
- Find Out Who is Concerned About Hidden Travel Wallet and Why You Should Pay Attention
- The Unknown Details Into Where to Buy Money Belt That Most People Don’t Know About
- Characteristics of Where Can I Buy a Money Belt
- The Awful Side of Travel Money Bag
- The Number One Article on Waterproof Money Belt
- Secrets About Best Travel Money Belt Revealed
- Top Passport Belt Secrets
- Top Money Pouch for Travel Choices
- The Fight Against Travel Belt Pouch
- Where to Buy a Money Belt – a Short Introduction
- Characteristics of Leather Money Belt
- Travel Pouch Ideas
- The New Angle On Belt Wallet Just Released
- One Easy Trick for Hidden Money Belt Revealed
- What’s Truly Happening with Travel Money Pouch
- Money Belt for Travel Explained
- Reported News on Money Belt Travel Uncovered
- The Battle Over Money Pouch and How to Win It
- Vital Pieces of Travel Belt
- What Does Travel Money Belt Mean?
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Money Belt Is Wrong and What You Should Know